Check the Load terminal (red screw) has a wire properly attached (typically black). If the load is on or flickering and there is no wire attached to the red screw, the device is not properly wired. Most likely the black is attached to BK black terminal and the white was attached to WH white with nothing attached to the red. If that is the case, see questions below to determine if you have a neutral in the box. Decora Smart devices require a neutral wire. If you are unsure if you have a neutral, please contact an electrician.
Articles in this section
- Do I need a Neutral Wire for In-Wall Devices?
- How do I know if I have a Neutral?
- I have two switches that control one light. Do I need to replace both switches?
- What do the colors of the Status LED mean?
- After installing device and applying power, it doesn't function and the LED doesn't turn on
- My Decora Smart Device Powers On, but my Lights won't Turn On
- My Decora Smart Device Powers On, but I'm Unable to Control my Light
- The Circuit Breaker or GFCI Outlet Trips when I try to Turn the Light On
- Can I Connect the Neutral Terminal (marked WH) to Ground?