Connecting neutral to ground is safety hazard and a violation of National Electric Code (NEC).
Articles in this section
- Do I need a Neutral Wire for In-Wall Devices?
- How do I know if I have a Neutral?
- I have two switches that control one light. Do I need to replace both switches?
- What do the colors of the Status LED mean?
- After installing device and applying power, it doesn't function and the LED doesn't turn on
- My Decora Smart Device Powers On, but my Lights won't Turn On
- My Decora Smart Device Powers On, but I'm Unable to Control my Light
- The Circuit Breaker or GFCI Outlet Trips when I try to Turn the Light On
- Can I Connect the Neutral Terminal (marked WH) to Ground?